News » STEAM Ahead ProgramLast updated 7:52 AM on 26 August 2016
In 2017, Anzac Park Public School will launch its exciting and innovative STEAM Ahead Program for students in Years 3-6. The STEAM Ahead Program will provide a unique opportunity for students and ensures that they are equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge that will give them the edge to succeed in the twenty-first century.
Key features of the STEAM Ahead Program include;
- Focus on STEAM education providing the very best teachers and learning spaces to support students to develop an expertise in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics;
- Specialist teachers running innovative, engaging and hands-on learning programs;
- Student-led inquiry-based design projects with students working with a mentor to nurture individual talent and interest;
- Joint programs with Cammeraygal High School including access to high school facilities and specialist staff;
- A range of STEAM extra-curricula programs (including collaborative opportunities with Cammeraygal High School);
- Opportunities for collaboration with real-world experts both locally and globally;
- Access to state of the art learning spaces and facilities;
- Personalised monitoring and tracking of student achievement ensuring each student moves forward with their learning.
The Anzac Park STEAM Ahead Program is the perfect choice for parents that want to provide their child with an innovative and cutting-edge education. Limited places are available in the 2017 program with dedicated spaces available for students demonstrating a gift or talent in STEAM education.
STEAM Ahead Workshops
To launch our exciting STEAM Ahead Program, in Term 3 we will be offering FREE STEAM WORKSHOPS for students currently in years 2-5. Students will have the opportunity to explore the new facilities at Anzac Park with their parent/carer following a QR Code Quest and then select one of four workshops including coding, robotics, digital art and engineering to participate in. A STEAM Ahead information session will be held for parents/carers during the student workshops and parents will be required to stay on-site throughout the workshop sessions.
Saturday 3 September, 2:00pm to 4:00pm
Thursday 15 September, 5:30pm to 7:30pm
The register for this event please go to: https://www.trybooking.com/221524